Discussion Forum

Hebden Bridge Carnival
- Volunteers needed!

Posted by Emma Crute
Monday, 22 January 2007

I am not too sure how many people saw the plea for help in the Hebden Bridge newspaper this last week. I only spotted it whilst buying things in the Spar. They really need volunteers for this year's event - else it will be cancelled! I contacted the man this afternoon to volunteer my services and he had only had one previous call. If you can help I would ask you to get involved if you can. See info below

The Hebden Bridge carnival committee needs at least a dozen new volunteers to assist with the running of the event or it will not go ahead on Saturday June 9 2007.
These include stewards, a treasurer,and help with the general running of the event before and on the day, seeking support and financial assistance from local businesses, plus the erection of stalls. If you can be of help please try to give a few hours. Without volunteers it will be cancelled this year!
(Yikes) Anyone interested in joining is asked to contact Hebden Royd town council clerk, Mr David Dempsey, at Hebden Bridge Council Offices or telephone 01422 842181. .