Ryburne

Small ads

Fair For Youth

From Lesley Jones

Monday, 24 May 2010

I would like to publically pay tribute to the young people of Hebden Bridge who showed us on Saturday what great and important members of our community they are. 

From the smaller group of young people who were involved in the planning, organisation and staging of the event right through to the huge numbers who came on the day and showed us what responsible young adults they are.

Planning has been ongoing since the beginning of the year with weekly meetings.  The ideas and creativeness coming out of these has been rewarding to see as the event took shape with it all coming together beautifully on Saturday.  So recognition goes first of all to all those young people who turned up week after week and who kept their enthusiasm alive throughout.  A lot of work goes in to putting on any kind of event and we should be proud of our youngsters for pulling this off so successfully.

But hats off too to the much larger number of young people who came along to the park - they showed Hebden Royd that they can go out and have a good time and still be sensible and a credit to the town.  They all did us proud and more importantly, they did themselves proud.  Well done

Finally one unfortunate low point - to any person who knows the whereabouts of our banner that was taken from the railings at West End on Friday night, I hope you are proud of yourself.  This banner was bought out of the funds raised by these young people themselves to fund this event so you have taken it from all our young people.  If you have any conscience whatsoever we would love to have it back.  It can be handed in to either HRTC at the Town Hall or the Police station.  Alternatively please contact me direct and I will make arrangements for its collection.

From Christine Bampton-Smith

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Congratulations to all those involved for their hard work and commitment to pull it off! There was a really great atmosphere in the park and it was a great success. It is events like this that make Hebden Royd such a great place to live.