Ryburne

Small ads

Clone Towns

From Julie C

Thursday, 23 September 2010

A cheer for the really useful shops in Hebden, especially Bonsalls, Valet Stores, Word of Mouth, and the Paint Shop. I mean I love good cafes, bookshops and places to buy food, clothes and presents, but I can't do without the practical ones. Anyone else got 'can't do without shops'?

From Tim Brooks

I used to like Lord Dales but since it closed I have bought any electrical type thing from either B&Q or Boots. Is there a shop in Hebden (or M'royd) that fills this gap? I might be being a bit thick and missing an obvious alternative.

From Ian M

Try Todmorden, There is a good electrical shop on Water street. Another by the market or a Euronics center in Portsmouth. All roads don't just lead to Halifax!!

From Felicity Potter

In reply to Tim's question about local electrical shops, I've found Valley Electronics in Mytholmroyd, opposite Sainsbury's, very useful. Since Lord-Dales closed, I've been going to him.

PS Of course both Bonsalls and Valet Stores are just brilliant!

From Martin F

Friday, 24 September 2010

I have bought two items from Gem in Portsmouth (the Euronics outlet) a spin dryer and a fridge. In the case of the fridge (incl. delivery) they were £20 cheaper than Currys - and they delivered when they said they would!!!

As for Water Street, as John is a trained TV engineer, if you have a problem with the TV, you won't have to send it to the other end of the country to get fixed - assuming you still have the packing - just take it to John.

Don't automatically think of the big boys - give the little ones a chance

From M. Sunderland

Saturday, 25 September 2010

Valley Electronics has been in Mytholmroyd for many, many years. If you want a personal service at reasonable prices just go and see Mark who owns it. We've used Valley Electronics for years for both purchases and serviicing of items that require same and always been well satisfied. Please try and support our local shops.

From Jack Hughes

Saturday, 25 September 2010

"Videotel" is the name of the electrical emporium on Water Street, Todmorden. They are very cheap and surprisingly well-stocked for such a small shop - they even still sell cassettes and minidiscs!

From Andy M

Monday, 27 September 2010

The Olive Branch has a limited but pleasant and good value menu...and friendly staff... and I recently had a very good meal at Relish.

But in a way I tend to agree; Hebden has often seemed to lack a really good restaurant. Plenty of reasonable cafe snacks though

From Chris Dellen

Friday, 15 October 2010

I moved 4 years ago from Hebden to Tod and the shops I still go back for are: On Reflection, Mountain Wild, Valet Stores, and anywhere that sells decent cards.

Also, I really miss CVS.

See also

Discussion about Co-op now continued in fresh thread: Co-op supermarket

HebWeb News: Clone Town Britain - Hebden Bridge now at number 6

See also:

HebWeb News: Clone Town Britain - Hebden Bridge now at number 6