Ryburne

Small ads

Hebden schools

From Phil W

Thursday, 10 March 2011

We're hoping to move to Hebden Bridge in the next couple of months, so have been following the discussions on HebWeb with interest. Our kids are just about to start infant school, so we have the usual palaver of applying. If possible we would hope to educate them in the town, so Central Street and Stubbings would be our top priorities. Any advice/experience of either would be great.

Ps one of us will be spending quite a bit of time in Manchester, it looks commutable but would be grateful of any opinions either way.

From N Yorke

Friday, 11 March 2011

Schools
My 5 and 7 year old girls go to Stubbings and absolutely love it. We have full confidence in the school and would fully recommended it. I'm sure the same can be said for Central Street (they share the same Head BTW)

Commute
I used to commute to Manchester on the train and it was fine. Reliability was about 90% so OK if you are flexible on the odd day (mostly the very rainy ones). It can be a little crowded leaving Manchester but it soon clears and I never failed to get on.

From Hazel D

Monday, 14 March 2011

All the schools round here are great in my opinion. If Central Street and Stubbings don't suit you, there's also the excellent Hebden Royd CE and a bus service from Hebden to the Steiner school in Cragg Vale where children can just play until they are 6 without anyone trying to force feed them phonics

From Phil W

Friday, 18 March 2011

Thanks for the tips, we've heard good anecdotal stuff about both schools. Just wanted to check how Stubbings was faring, I understand there had been an issue a couple of years ago, and that a temporary head had been brought in. Subsequent inspection reports look encouraging though.

Can't wait to move - hopefully we'll end up on the right side of the valley to catch some late summer sunshine!