Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Love Cats

From Cliff Nelson

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

I've noticed these words graffiti'd all around Hebden Bridge of late, especially along Valley Road. It started with a wonderful piece spray-painted on the wall opposite the small playground, which I personally had no issue with, but now these annoying tags have spread across our walls and streets like a plague.

From Andy M

Thursday, 8 January 2015

There must be a cure......

From Lesley Jones

Thursday, 8 January 2015

I thought at first it was lovers of things feline but now assume it's some sort of a band. Maybe someone more in tune with popular culture could enlighten us. I agree it's getting a bit too much, although with everything else going on in the world I can't get very exercised about a bit of graffitti.

From Graham Barker

Saturday, 10 January 2015

Nice one, Andy.

From Allen Keep

It would be better if the graffiti was wonderfully, wonderfully, wonderfully, pretty perhaps?

From Jack Hughes

It doesn't seem to relate to any local band, DJ crew or whatever. Whilst my natural response would be to provide yin to the graffartist's yang by spraying 'Hate Dogs' all over the valley, I'm tempted to view this as a typically meaningless statement much in the vein of the 'STEVIE WONDER' graffitoes that appeared a couple of years ago (presumable not posted by Stevie himself).

Makes one almost nostalgic for the late Jeff Nuttall's 'Hey Man, like... I believe we've all drowned!' scribblings of the early '80s, if anyone else on this forum has lived here for long enough to recall them (and as commemorated, as any fule kno, on Hawkwind's 'Days Of The Underground' track). Ahh, nostalgia.

From Juie C

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Anyone else remember "GUFFED" and "GUFFED AGAIN" - I seem to think one of those was on the Keighley Road wall below Stubbings School.

From Kate Mellor

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

It is very frustrating to have your gardening interfered with by cats but I am not sure that even if cats are trained to use a cat tray it would stop them taking advantage of your garden.

They are profiteers and originally initiated their own domestication in relation to agricultural patterns. Other creatures interfere just as much with my garden - birds, slugs and caterpillars and I have to try to live with them.

I try beer traps for the slugs, netting for the birds and caterpillars if I remember at the right time. Cats don't like rue and will avoid it, but this is a poisonous plant so you may not want it in your garden and they don't like scratchy plants. But neither do I.

I keep my cat off seeded areas with chicken wire or netting - the only way of keeping the birds from stealing my seeds too. Also there are other things in soil that I don't want under my nails besides cat poo that mean it's best to wear gardening gloves.