Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Noise

From Pete Clough

Monday, 2 October 2017

We're getting rather tired of being woken up by loud music in the early hours of Sunday mornings up near Stubbings School. We can't be the only people affected/cheesed off.

Does anyone know a/ who is responsible?, and b/what we can do to get them to be quiet?

Cheers.

From Matt C

Monday, 2 October 2017

I live in a similar area - do you mean the music is coming from this area, or you also live here and are getting disturbed.

If it's the latter, the Trades  and sometimes White Swan music seems to carry well across town... Do you mean that?

From Pete Clough

Monday, 2 October 2017

Thanks Matt. We live near Stubbings, and the noise is loud enough to wake us up but sounds like it's travelled a bit. Whoever lives closer to it must have good earplugs or be going bananas, because it's happened on a good few Sunday mornings, 2-4ish. I didn't think the Trades would be at it at top volume that late...? It sounds more like someone getting home and then pretending they're still in a nightclub to me.

From Jane Scarborough

Monday, 2 October 2017

The answer seems quite simple - go outside your house when the miscreants are pumping up the decibels and, assuming that you have 'stereo' directional hearing (apologies if you haven't), you can presumably then proceed to locate the source of the offending noise, knock on their door, and politely ask them to turn it down.

From Pete Clough

Tuesday, 3 October 2017

Thanks Jane. The source of the noise is not immediately apparent, and we haven't really felt inclined to wander the streets at 2:30 in the morning trying to pin it down. From brief excursions we've worked out its not neighbours from nearby streets - hence my assumption that other people must be affected worse than we are and might know who is responsible.

Previously

HebWeb Forum: Noise (September-October 2016)