Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

The Bear Co-op

From Liz A

Sunday, 18 February 2018

Hi, does anyone know what's happened to The Bear/Tod coop cafe? I've driven past a number of times and the shelves are empty and the front gates closed. Has it closed down? If so does anyone know why? 

From Mike S

Sunday, 18 February 2018

Their facebook page says they have closed.

From Paul Clarke

Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Sadly it is closed and it's an odd one as every time I went in it was rammed but clearly it wasn't sustainable.

It's a real shame as I loved it and we could really do with soemthing similar in Hebden.

From Mark M

Friday, 23 February 2018

lThere was a trail of unpaid bills to local and national businesses. This resulted in many reincarnations of "the Bear" "the Old Co-op", and any other name which gave them a credit line. They also had The Blackbird Cafe which suffered a similar demise. The Old Co-op building is owned by an ex labour councillor.. 

From Ms. P. Finch

Friday, 9 March 2018

The Bear will rise again! One of the owners says they will be opening again soon for pop-up events and a small cafe. The original internal features will be revealed once more. 
It is a fine building that has been part of the community in Todmorden for 40 years or more. It was run as a wholefood co-operative and book shop from the late 70s up until 2012.