Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Blue container in Salem Fields

From Mark Timmerman

Monday, 12 March 2018

Dear all good folk of Hebden Bridge Cricket Club. After numerous requests, please can you tell us when you will be painting the roof of your containers in Salem playing field from blue to green?

From Richard Tranmer

Monday, 12 March 2018

Hi Mark,

The last time you posed this question (on our Facebook page) I responded to you thus: 

"Hi Mark, Thanks for the reminder and thanks for the previous offer to help paint etc. I've just checked with a couple of people and we should have the roof painted by the end of March. I'll let you know when we organise a 'work day' so that we can all keep our fingers crossed for a few rain-free days.
Meanwhile, if you ever feel like playing cricket just let me know (07808 093101).
Regards
Richard Tranmer
Skipper"

We did have a work day planned but the Lord God Almighty decided that it was going to snow instead - even in His own county!

We're still planning to have the work done by the end of March and you and anyone else out there in the HebWeb world are still welcome to join us for a game of cricket sometime. Our next 'Nets Session' will be at Todmorden Sports Centre on Sunday at 11:30.

Best Regards
Richard Tranmer
Skipper

From Marco Nizzardo

Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Hello Richard, could you also consider changing the piece of wood that covers, I presume, a hole in the field? It's on the verge of breaking and someone could get hurt. Happy to contribute to the expense for it.

From Richard Tranmer

Monday, 19 March 2018

Hello HBCC and Mark and Marco

We've got a 'work day' planned at Salem Fields for Saturday the 24th of March from 10am.

Painting and replacing dangerous wooden boards should both be dealt with on the day along with about a dozen other jobs including the seemingly increasing problem of drainage.

If anyone intends coming to help the effort on Saturday could you please bring a garden fork or similar?

Fingers crossed for dry weather!

Richard Tranmer
Skipper
07808 093101

From Andy M

Tuesday, 20 March 2018

Containers?

You mean state of the art, post-modern pavilion surely? 

In Salem did Kubla Kahn 
A stately pleasure dome decree…

From Richard Tranmer

Wednesday, 21 March 2018

Yes Andy M

I did mean post-modern state of the art etc.. and I didn't realise that Coleridge was a cricket fan and we could do with some 'caverns measureless to man' to assist with the drainage issue.

Here's an update on the work day - it's postponed for one week because there's an archery competition on. 'The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' hey.

Richard Tranmer
Skipper

From Richard Tranmer

Thursday, 12 April 2018

The 2018 season opening match is on Saturday the 5th May.
Plenty of work to do before then to get the pitch into a decent condition and also some painting of the pavilion and other associated jobs.

We've been thwarted by the weather a few times in March but we'll be at Salem Fields on Saturday, 14th April from 10am onwards - if you are associated with the club, please pop down to lend a hand.

Cheers

Richard Tranmer
Skipper
07808 093101

From Mark Timmerman

Wednesday, 18 April 2018

Dear Richard and all cricketers, thank you for getting this green revolution in the diary for 24th.  Will come down say hello.

Previously

Hebden Cricket Club Pavilion (July 2017)