Discussion Forum
Co-working

From Andrew McCall
Friday, 15 May 2009

I'm a programer and I work from home but sometimes it can get a bit busy what with my infant daughter and my partner is pregnant so it's about to get a whole lot busier and I might even have to give up my office.

I've been to the open coffees in Leeds at Old Broadcast House and toured the coworking space and I could really use something similar local.

Is there anything like this in Hebden, and if not is there any interest out there in setting something like it up?

I'm sure there must be lots of developers, designers and creative professionals locally that sometimes feel the same isolation and would find it useful to meet up with others, trade skills or just have a place to work with people doing similar things.

From Jason Elliott
Friday, 15 May 2009

Interesting...

I toyed with the idea of setting something up like this before but wasn't sure that it was needed.

Basically, the idea was to have a few desks, sofas, coffee machine, wireless broadband etc...

If there's much interest, I would consider setting something like this up.

From Jo Beacroft-mitchell
Tuesday, 19 May 2009

The new enterprise hub at St Michaels in Mytholmroyd will soon be open. The office suite has been designed to allow local small businesses, community organisations or lone workers to have a space where they can come and use the copier, computer, fax, printers etc on an adhoc basis when they need it. Full details aren't yet available but the building work is due to finish at the end of May for a launch in early June. I'm sure James Allison will be able to provide further details.

From Andrew McCall
Friday, 19 June 2009

I've put together a quick survey for anyone who might be interested in a coworking space.

If you're local and you'd be interested on any level - full time member, occasional drop in user or just wanting somewhere to hold occasional meetings - please give us some feedback.

Any contributions would be useful and if anyone wants to contribute more than just to a survey - get in touch.