Discussion Forum
CCTV cameras in Hebden Bridge

From Cllr Janet Battye
Wednesday, 5 August 2009

The fact that the cameras aren't working came up again at the Police ward meeting on Tuesday (4th August) so I checked what the position is with Calderdale Council.

I am told that the cameras have been monitored from the new Communications Centre Facility (in Calderdale) since August 2008. In April 2009 there was extensive danage done to the equipment and control box which houses the CCTV transmission equipment. There are engineers working on repairing this damage at present and two of the cameras are working again and have been for the past 2 weeks. The other 2 cameras will be working again by Tues 11th August. Calderdale Council have taken up the issue about the delay in repairing the equipment with the cotractors who say that there will not be this delay again in the future.

So it looks as though some of the cameras are now working and they all should be working again next week.

From H Gregg
Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Well that's good news then. I'll get a haircut, smarten up my dress :-) and get ready to be monitored. Will they add sound? Thanks for warning us George O.