Discussion Forum
Town Hall Open Day

From Jason Elliott
Monday, 12 October 2009

I would like to congratulate Andrew Bibby, Janet Battye and all of the others involved in the Town Hall Project for last Thursday's Open Day.

I thought they and their fellow volunteers did an incredibly good job, ensuring that the whole project captured the imagination of the community. The depth and scale of the event, not to mention the professionalism with which it was executed, both surprised and impressed me.

From Johnny McQuade performing magic in the attic to Finn Plumpton's classical guitar playing in the basement, the old cliche of "something for everyone" really rang true.

My family and I have been "Friends" of the project since its inception but I will now proactively lobby for its support.

Top marks for a job very well done!

Previous News on the Town Hall project

Friends Of Town Hall plan open doors (Sept 2009)

One of England’s smallest parishes makes big contribution towards plans for Hebden Bridge's Town Hall (Sept 2009)

Two major grants boost Town Hall Project (Sept 2009)

Hebden Bridge Town Hall project (March 2009)

Town Hall Group seeks 'Friends' (April 2009)

Hebden Bridge Town Hall project: Transfer of Town Hall to community ownership one step closer (March 2009)

Hebweb News: New Charity created to manage Town Hall (Jan 2009)

Hebweb News: Government gives thumbs up to Hebden Bridge Town Hall plans (July 2008)

Hebweb News: Plans to putTown Hall once again at the heart of local life (October 2007)