Discussion Forum
More bad publicity for controversial Labour candidate

From Andy W
Thursday, 10 December 2009

Can someone please explain to me exactly what role Steph Booth had in ousting Janet Oosthuysen?

See today's Hebweb News

I've searched the Yorkshire Post website and can find nothing of these reelations.

Moreover, is a dispute over building work really so damning? It's starting to look like certain people are conducting a hate campaign following a friend's failure to win the candidacy. I don't recall the Courier and Yorkshire Post articles about Janet Oosthuysen ever being reported as news here.

From Tom Standfield
Thursday, 10 December 2009

I have a copy of the The Yorkshire Post article. It was published on 4th May 2009 with a heading: "Would-be Labour MP accused of forcing junior employee 'to do her dirty work' ". It was written by Robert Sutcliffe.

Part of the article reads: "Mrs Booth, a member of senior management at the time for Cool UK, is said to have dictated two messages to Mr Sutcliffe for publication on the Halifax Courier website. The messages concerned Janet Oosthuysen, who had initially beaten Mrs Booth in a selection contest to be the prospective Parliamentary Labour candidate for Calder Valley."

But you are right Andy. It doesn't appear to be on the Yorkshire Post website any more. I don't understand why.