Ryburne

Small ads

Hebden Bridge Homeworkers

From Charlotte Wetton

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

I saw a couple of posts on here about a home-workers group but they all seem to be from some time ago. Are people still meeting up for Christmas socials etc?

I'm considering working from home full time but worried I might get too lonely. This sounds like a great idea.

Anyone still doing this or willing to resurrect it?

From Nadine Waring

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Just read the message from Charlotte regarding a homeworkers network.

I thinks that's a great idea, I'd be up for joining an existing, or forming a new group.

From Isla S

Ditto, I'd be interested in a group, I know there was one that met at the White Swan a while back.

From H Gregg

Mike Barrett of Frogs Design was the main organiser (I think). And a very imaginative thing to do.

The problem with the xmas parties was that nobody really knew each other, so it was bit strained as a social event.

Maybe there is a solution. Perhaps some informal gatherings of homeworkers throughout the year would make a party work really well.

Where, when and who's up for organising it?

From Nadine Waring

Friday, 12 October 2012

Great idea for the informal gatherings, I'd be up for getting a group underway if there isn't already an existing group...

From Charlotte Wetton

Monday, 29 October 2012

Well that's four of us then, brilliant!

H Gregg, are you able to get in touch with this Mike and see if he wants to re-join too? Perhaps I could co-organise it with him or one of you guys.

How about Friday after-work drinks once a month?

The White Lion? 6:30pm?

What about 16 Nov for our first one?

Charlotte x

From H Gregg

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Hi Charlotte

It might be worth a try to see what happens :-)

I've emailed Mike to ask him what thoughts he has on it. In the meanwhile you (+ others) can email me (click on my name on this post) and chat without cluttering up the thread.

From Mike Barrett

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Hi folks, I would be interested in meeting up to have a chat about this. How about 13, 14 or 15 Nov. @ 8 pm in t'White Lion?
Mike

From Charlotte Wetton

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

14 November, 8pm, The White Lion.
We will be in the little area to the far right as you come in the door.

Come along for a drink and meet other people in the same shoes as you (not literally that would be too much of a coincidence).

I'll try and bring a sign or something!

Charlotte

From Elaine Simpson

Friday, 16 November 2012

I didn't see this thread until too late for the meeting.

How did it go?

Will it be repeated?

I would be interested in coming to future events.

I worked in the centre of Hebden Bridge running Progress Travel for years and for the past 4 years have worked from home in Cragg Vale as a Travel Counsellor; it's been a great move but I do feel a bit isolated at times from friends and associates in the 'big city'.

From Charlotte Wetton

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

For those wondering what the new homeworkers group is all about, it's simply people who work from home coming together for some light relief after the rigorous, isolated discipline of a day at home(!)

There's no rules or criteria, so if you work on your own at home all day in front of a laptop/ typewriter / wood turning tool and feel you would benefit from a natter over a pint at the end of the day, this is the group for you.

If you're less into pubs we can organise lunches, cinema trips, walks, whatever people want to do. Its a new group so take the lead if you've got an idea - who knows, it might develop into a business support network!

First meet up is this Friday, 6pm, The White Lion, Hebden Bridge.

If you'd like to come along - or can't make it but would like to join our group - please leave a message on the Heb Web or on:

FaceBook page

Hope to meet you soon!
Charlotte