WHAT'S ON: LOCAL EVENTS
U3A Todmorden July 2019 Meeting
The Bradford Warriors - the Suffragettes in Bradford
U3A Todmorden’s next members’ meeting will be on Thursday, July 18th, 2019 in the Central Methodist Church Hall in Todmorden at 1.45. Our guest speaker will be Helen Broadhead whose talk is titled ‘The Bradford Warriors’ about the Bradford suffragettes.
Our contact details are www.u3atod.org.uk (website), firstname.lastname@example.org (email), or 01422 886021 (phone).
Calder Valley Voices summer choir concert
Doors open 7.30, concert at 8pm, at Hebden Bridge Methodist church (opposite the Co-op).
Tickets are £6 (£4 concessions) with all proceeds donated to the World Land Trust. Delicious home made cakes available at the interval.
Hardcastle Crags Ranger Weekend
Meet the Ranger team at Hardcastle Crags This July, the countryside team will be sharing the secrets of how they look after this picturesque woodland on the edge of Hebden Bridge.
Happy Valley Pride 2019
Will the next Labour Government deliver
Calderdale Trades Council have invited Chris Williamson the twice suspended Labour MP for Derby.
Chris is a firm supporter of Palestine and a strong critic of Israel's governments policies. He has been a Labour MP since 2010 with a brief break in 2015/6.
The event titled "Will the next Labour Government deliver" will be held at Hebden Bridge Town Hall on Saturday 3rd August at 1pm.
Hebden Bridge will, once again, be the place to be on the 3rd and 4th August 2019 when the Rotary Club of Hebden Bridge hosts the iconic charity fund raising Hebden Bridge Vintage Weekend.
This will be the 37th year for the event which is now well established as a premier attraction for the display of some 800 veteran, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, military & commercial vehicles. Last year's event was our best ever, breaking all records in entrants, spectators and funds raised. With your help we can make this year's event even bigger.
Held in the heart of Hebden Bridge, at Calder Holmes Park, (HX7 8AU), most of the famous British marques are represented at the rally, along with famous names from across the world. The open plan layout of the site allows members of the public to get up close to the exhibits and chat to their owners. There are different display classes over the two days offering visitors a completely different show each day. Prizes will be awarded to all the winning entrants.
Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Remember those who died when nuclear bombs were dropped, those who still suffer from radiation poisoning, and say 'never again'.
Packhorse Bridge, Hebden Bridge
Poetry, readings, song, reflection
Organised by Calder Valley CND for Peace & Justice
See Facebook page
10am - 4:30pm
At Bridge Rectifier, Hebble End Works,
Hebble End, Hebden Bridge, HX7 6HJ
- Fancy learning a new skill? Want access to a high quality laser-cutter? No previous experience needed.
- Come along to a free workshop at Bridge Rectifier to learn basic computer-aided design & laser-cutting.
- Laser-cutting can be used for: artwork, attractive cases, mechanical components, special mountings, lampshades, intricate paper cuts/ invitation cards, sliced 3D forms.
- Materials include: acrylic sheet, wood, cardboard, paper, glass engraving, . . . .
- Produce your own piece to take away, free of charge.
- Once trained, you can continue your own projects for a very low charge, with a group of enthusiasts working on diverse projects.
- Waiting list for later dates
Bridge Rectifier is a not-for-profit community hackerspace/ makerspace.
Open Evenings run 7 to 9 pm every Wednesday & Open Day first Saturday of each month.
European Straw Bale Gathering
- Exploring healthy public buildings made from straw
- Raising awareness of the benefits of constructing public buildings from straw
- Highlighting features & benefits of straw bale buildings
- Understanding public procurement, building regulations, green mortgages and insurance
- Inspirational case studies
- Networking for professionals and students in the sector
We hope to see you there.
Explore! The South Pennines Walk and Ride Festival 2019
Lots of free outdoor events across a 16 day festival - 7th-22nd September 2019. Everything from pop-out walks to music in the Craggs, Quests to den- building, major hikes and cycle rides. There really is something for everyone!
Please check Pennine Prospects website for listings and our Facebook page, South Pennines and Pennine Prospects. The event pocket guide will be available mid-July.
Lost Chord Ensemble
7.30pm, in the Little Theatre bar, Holme Street, Hebden Bridge
Musicians (with their music stand) are invited to come and play some light music selections.
If you are coming for the first time, please contact email@example.com with details of your instrument so that a pad of music can be made available.
Chris, who conducts the local Little Theatre Choir, has a wealth of light music including some of his own compositions. He formed The Lost Chord Ensemble which meets about once a month and supports the Little Theatre.