Ryburne

Small ads

Live Theatre at the Picture House

From Patsy F

Monday, 22 July 2013

I was one of the audience for the play (cast led by Kenneth Branagh, as part of the Manchester International Festival) which was 'streamed' to the big screen in HB last Saturday - a sell out and spellbinding! This is the second showing of this type I've seen there - the first was The Audience with Helen Mirren - live from the West End.

I want to say a hearty and grateful thanks to whoever pushed for this type of streamed screening. It must have been a gamble to do the first one. I look forward to many, many more. How lucky we are in Hebden Bridge!

Gratefully - Patsy F

From Susan Press

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Thanks Patsy - the evening sold out and everyone associated with the Picture House is thrilled at the response to the live screenings.

True to form with the 'Scottish play' there was a wee glitch in the live streaming but like you I thought it was a grand evening. The live streaming proposals were first mooted at a Committee meeting about a year ago and fully supported by all.

Particular thanks must go to our Town Clerk Jason and Picture House Manager Rebecca for their hard work as well as Programmer Johnny Courtney who first explained the proposals to us.

Much more to come !

From Patsy F

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Thanks, Susan, it's nice to know to whom particular thanks are due.

May I push a bit to suggest a bit of refinement to the ticketing process? If the Picture House could produce a seating plan so that particular seats could be reserved when tickets are bought, it could alleviate the necessity of queueing very early for really popular events, so as to secure favourite seats, or a row of them for a group who wish to sit together. I realise this would probably involve a load of additional organisation, but could it at least be looked into?

Othello (26th September) has doors opening early (at 6pm) probably making it difficult for some people to queue early.

Thanks.

From Susan Quick

Monday, 30 September 2013

Just want to add my thanks for marvellous screenings. More please! Having come all the way from Sheffield, Tony was thrilled too.