Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Vote!

From Ruth Urquhart

Saturday, 25 April 2015

This valley has a proud tradition of campaigning for suffrage. Do not let those people who endured so much hardship have done it all for nothing.
The system may be outdated and not represent you but a moral stance like yours will only backfire when by not voting you simply hand your vote back to Craig Whittaker. A right wing establishment figure and a homophobe! Vote. If there is no-one you want to vote for at least express your dissatisfaction and spoil your vote. At least that means something!

From Maura Wilson

Sunday, 26 April 2015

I am voting for what I believe in.

I believe that the bedroom tax is evil and Labour will repeal it. I believe the H an S Act is destructive and Labour will repeal it and end privatisation in Health.

I believe high earners should pay more tax, and tax dodging should be clamped down on. Labour will do that.

I believe the power of the press should be challenged and Ed has done that. Murdoch and the Mail wouldn't be looking for more and more ludicrous slanders against Ed if he was the same as Cameron.

I am proud of the support of Stephen Hawking, Patrick Stewart, Eddie Izzard and other caring people.

From Joe Ridley

Monday, 27 April 2015

I have been woken from my slumber by another post here that repeats the nonsense perpetually pushed by the Labour Party.
Maura will vote for Labour because;

"I believe that the bedroom tax is evil and Labour will repeal it"

Can Maura explain why Ed Miliband voted for the introduction of the 'Bedroom Tax' as part of the Welfare Reform Act 2007? Even the most cursory glance of Hansard records show that the 'Bedroom Tax' has been part of Labour's plans as far back as 2001. The 'Bedroom Tax' is every inch a Labour policy.

Maura goes on to state; "I believe high earners should pay more tax, and tax dodging should be clamped down on. Labour will do that".

But figures from HMRC state that nearly 300,000 taxpayers are forecast to contribute the equivalent of £45.9  billion in income tax between them by the end of this year, equivalent to £150,000 each. The amount they have paid has risen from 25 per cent of the nation's tax bill when Labour came to power to 27.3 per cent this year.

Maura also says "I believe the H an S Act is destructive and Labour will repeal it and end privatisation in Health"

But this seems to be at odds with the facts: The NHS outsourced 4.4 per cent of its budget under the Labour party - but less than 2 per cent under the Coalition.

When Maura states that "I believe the power of the press should be challenged and Ed has done that. Murdoch and the Mail wouldn't be looking for more and more ludicrous slanders against Ed if he was the same as Cameron" does she wish that the following people are not subject to the challenge of a free press? Lutfur Rahman, David Chaytor, Elliot Morley, Greville Janner, Linda Riordan, Denis Macshane et al

Or is it that the left wingers who think they are the moral arbiters of the high ground should dictate what we the common people should read or think?

Labour Party rhetoric and scaremongering is not supported by fact. As a non-partisan-non-voting-citizen, I just can't stomach the nonsense spewed out by the Labour Party.

From Eleanor Land

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

If you want to get rid of the most vicious, heartless, right wing government in recent history there is only one way, vote Labour.

As for the Bedroom Tax, I am not interested in the past history of this rotten policy, it needs to go, and Labour will repeal it.

I shall shed no tears over the extra money the rich in this society have to pay under Labour. They have got away with murder compared with the poor under this Coalition.

The only reason more NHS work has not been outsourced is because the Tories did not have a majority, God help all of us if they should get one, it will be the end of the NHS.

The right wing press have waged a stomach churning campaign against Ed Miliband because they are frightened of his policies, thankfully he has decided that the evil empire run by Murdoch and his cronies, and the Daily Fail will have no sway over his government.

I cannot wait for May 8th to see the back of this awful government, and our dreadful MP.