Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Development near Whiteley Arches

From Gavin Parry

Thursday, 17 November 2016

I came across this though word of mouth , even though I live very close :

The site in question is the area of trees, on the side by river, between Whiteley Arches and the sharp bend between Hebden and Todmorden.

If the proposal is successful then a large Industrial unit and 2 tarmac car parks either side will be noticeable to all who drive along the valley, replacing what is currently a narrow green belt on the approach to Hebden Bridge.

It is somewhat misleadingly titled as 'Proposed data centre (B1) and associated ground works and landscaping'. I invite you to look at the plans and you won't believe the ugliness and inappropriateness of the proposal (IMHO). But please make up you own mind.

So many reasons why it shouldn't even be considered, (e.g removal of a greenfield site / associated flood repercussions / road access and safety) but as this seems to be a year when the unlikely happens, I urge you to find a couple of minutes and look at proposal, and, perhaps consider adding your opinions / objections. Details here

Not sure when objections need to be sent, sooner rather than later I think, as, I have come to this very late myself. Thanks

From Chris Barnett

Building a big shed full of expensive servers in a high flood risk area sounds like a really good idea.

The Environment Agency have recommended refusal (no account of Boxing Day floods), as have Highways (potentially dangerous vehicular access).

Thes two objections should stop the whole development in its tracks, but unfortunately this is Calderdale, where the planners seem to live in some weird parallel universe.

I can't work out when the closing date for public objections is, but from past experience a shedload of valid objections seem to make no difference at all in deciding the outcome of even the most ridiculous planning application.

From Kez Armitage

For those interested in looking at this application, go to the Calderdale Council planning website and type 16/00808/FUL into the search facility.

From Allison Yates

Friday, 18 November 2016

On the letter I received it stated I had until the 2nd December to add my comments. On the application it appears it's actually the 18th November, though not quite clear.

Any building on green sites should not be allowed, especially something that requires the removal of all but 3 trees and includes tarmac. In an area which is highly flood prone its ridiculous to add extra pressure on an already sensitive area.

The habitat for local wildlife will also be affected. Are our local MPs really going to let developers have their way? Please help if you can by raising an objection.

From Jo Bucklow

Friday, 18 November 2016

This development will change the character of the valley, remove wildlife habitat, add to flood risk, create another entrance onto the Halifax Road really near a corner where there are crashes all ready, and look stunningly ugly. Please sign up to Calderdale Council website, go to Planning, search 16/00808/FUL, have a look and add your comments. Thank you!

From Chris Barnett

Friday, 18 November 2016

Despite my (well founded) cynical views of the planning process in Calderdale, it is worth registering objections, even though it sometimes seems like pissing in the wind.

I lodged an objection earlier today, but it doesn't seem to have appeared on the planning website - I don't know whether that means it's too late, but keep trying.

From Chris Barnett

Wednesday, 7 December 2016

I see that this ludicrous application has been withdrawn (and the applicant doesn't get the planning fee refunded). At least we are spared the spectacle of Calderdale planning officers trying to justify approving yet another indefensible development.

After yesterday's disgraceful decision to approve "Waterside Mill", this news almost cheered me up.