Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Parking charges

From S Jones

Thursday, 15 June 2017

Notices on lamposts warn of new parking charges throughout
Hebden Bridge with time for objection only to 16 June. This will be a big blow to local shops. Please object to Calderdale if you are not satisfied.  

From Chris Gray

Friday, 16 June 2017

Another blow to the hard working traders of Hebden bridge! How are they meant to try to get people to come to the town when all visitors are ripped off when it comes to parking!

Plus do residents get a dispensation?

There's hardly a road in town centre where you are not charged! Blatant profiteering if you ask me.

From Andy M

Monday, 19 June 2017

In what way have current charges affected local shops? Are there really less people visiting? Parking/visitor levels still seems as busy as ever. 

There may be a point at which too high a charge deters but I'm not sure that's been reached yet.  

From Anne H

Monday, 19 June 2017

I don't think parking charges have deterred too many people from visiting Hebden so far. But short stay free spaces are currently used by people like me who live in one of the villages - or Tod or Mytholmroyd- and stop on their way to and from work etc. I try to shop locally for butchers, bakers greengrocers etc. But if I have to pay even for 20 mins I will pick stuff up at one of the other shops I pass, where I don't have to pay. Or get more from the supermarket 

From Ruth F

Thursday, 22 June 2017

As someone who works in a shop in HB every Saturday I can say for sure parking charges aren't stopping people coming to the town. HB is busy and the parking spaces are usually all full.

And more parking would only mean longer queues in shops and cafes.

But if higher parking charges encourages people to use public transport more that would be brilliant. HB is well served by both buses and trains.

I live in one of the villages and don't have a car, and it's certainly not a problem.  

See also

HebWeb Planning Watch

HebWeb Forum: Parking (October-November 2016)

Parking continued Feb-March 2015

HebWeb Forum: Plans for large car park near station (Dec 2014)

HebWeb Forum: Parking (October 2013)

HebWeb Forum: Parking at Walkleys (Aug-Sept 2013)

HebWeb Forum: Parking Charges (Dec-Jan)

HebWeb Forum: Limited Parking Affecting Business (Nov 2011)

HebWeb Forum: Garden street car parking (2007)