Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Dogs

From Paul Rigg

Monday, 18 March 2019

I was walking down Cuckoo steps yesterday and was amazed to find three plastic bags full of dog muck tied to the railings at the side of the steps.  It made we wonder

1.  Who would leave it there?
2.  What did they expect to happen to it and who did they expect to clear it up?
3   If you want your dog to have a crap whilst you're going down there why not just let it have one and leave it in the trees.  It would at least biodegrade on its own and there is really no access to the hillside there fpr anyone; no livestock, etc.

I will now no doubt get loads of replies from "Responsible dog owners" saying that they would never do that.

But we do seem to have our fair share of irresponsible ones.

From Mark B

Tuesday, 19 March 2019

In my humble experience some dog owners bag up dog poo from other dogs and leave it where it was as a signal to those dog owners who don't clean it up to please do so in the future.

However, it sometimes gets misinterpreted.

From Andrew Mackintosh

Saturday, 23 March 2019

Mark - this must be a tiny percentage of the dog owners who just leave their behind for someone else to deal with. 

If people are selfish enough to leave it in the first place they're hardly likely to respond to a subtle signal like that!

It's a devolvement of responsibility.'There: I've taken the trouble to bag it, so someone else should do the rest'

From Rachel Hughes

Tuesday, 26 March 2019

I have already trodden in dog excrement twice this week. It's disgraceful that owners just let their dogs poo wherever they fancy. The problem is rife in Hebden Bridge especially in the park and along the canal paths. I am contacting my local MP about this awful state of affairs.

From Andrew Mackintosh

Wednesday, 27 March 2019

I'd really like to see Craig Whittaker come along and start picking up dog poo.

At least he'd be removing cr*p rather than spouting it!

From Anita Khan

Sunday, 7 July 2019

Why is Calder Holmes park a dog fowling public area? The grassed area is housed to host a lot of person centred events, namely local schools sports day.