Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Keighley Road

From Amelia Barker

Friday, 11 September 2020

When will this road be open again? This road has now been closed through the week for 9 and a half weeks. This is ridiculous.

From Amy R

Monday, 14 September 2020

Sadly but predictably, the relevant local councillor recently admitted work on Keighley Rd is behind schedule.  Re-opening date seems unknown. 

From A Silver

Sunday, 20 September 2020

I have seen on Facebook - but not on Calderdale website - that road is to remain closed until end October, to speed up work and so avoid need for traffic lights". 

Personally I don't care how long it takes with traffic lights, as was the plan, as long as it opens! This has been disgraceful from start (why?) to now not-yet-finished. Poor and absent communication adding to the aggro. 

From David Thompson

Saturday, 26 September 2020

This work should never have been undertaken. Speed will be encouraged. Speed limits and cameras would have been a much better solution.

From A Silver

Thursday, 29 October 2020

Have finally been told by council, who don't seem to be communicating this well at all, that the road will "probably" be open after a week of resurfacing to start on 2nd November.  So that should be 9th November at latest. Not end of October. I just hope they do tell people. Maybe by updating website?

From Wally Woodcock

Saturday, 7 November 2020

The daft thing is that the contractors don't seem to have touched the most dangerous bend up there - it's more or less opposite the big house as you start descending into Oxenhope. There's an adverse camber there, and over the years I've seen many cars come off the road there when conditions are icy. The whole thing is nuts - they've basically changed what was a safe enough road into a racetrack...

See also

HebWeb News: Keighley Road closure - update 27 Aug 2020

Road closures along Keighley Road (A6033) June - July 2020

HebWeb News: Keighley Road Closures and Improvements 11 June 2020