Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Thanks so much!

From James Fry

Sunday, 8 November 2020

I would like to thank a number of people who came to my rescue on Friday morning when, after a couple of nights of distressing fireworks, our greyhound Saru heard a banging from the railway line while in Calder Holmes Park that terrified him and so bolted all through town, getting clipped by a car in the process.

He sped through the town square, over the bridge towards Old Gate and through the woods all the way up to Heptonstall where some very kind and lovely people found and looked after him. Special thanks must go to Julie of Banksy's Dog Walking and Animal Services, who came to the rescue as a pet ambulance and refused to take any payment for her help. Julie, you're an absolute star! I'd also like to thank all the people who helped to look, it was so lovely to have such a lot of support at a stressful time. Thanks also to the man who pointed me in the direction my dog was heading and posted about it on the Facebook page for me as I don't have an account.

I'm pleased to say Saru the greyhound only suffered cuts and bruises in the ordeal, along with some shock and an even stronger aversion to loud noises, so we hope that he'll make a full recovery after some rest and TLC.

We've only been living in Hebden Bridge for a few months, but I've wanted to be in the area since visiting a lot as a teenager. It was really wonderful and reassuring that so many kind and selfless people live in the town we've made our home, so once again, thank you all!

From Andy M

Monday, 9 November 2020

I'm so glad you got so much help to reunite you with your dog and get her to the vet.  Just want to say Saru is such a great name for a greyhound.  ST Discovery rules :)