Ryburne

Small ads

Steph Booth

From Susan Quick

Thursday, 4 February 2010

Hi
Guess what Steph Booth is going to come to Hebden Bridge after all! There will be a debate in Hebden Bridge @ Hope Baptist Church on Feb 25th at 7.30pm following a discussion of World Poverty led by Lindsay Pearson of Christian Aid. Guess Steph feels safe in a church! And she will be at St Mary’s Church Todmorden on March 25 following a discussion of Euthenasia led by Dr Mark Houghton of Christian Medical Fellowship. The Labour, Conservative and Liberal candidates will be at both.
Cheers

Susan

From Larry Kin

Thursday, 4 February 2010

Fingers crossed for more well-considered sound-bites such as the:

"Labour has stopped the boom and bust of the Tory years. This is global recession."

Which apparently featured at Hipperholme.

From Rev Tony Buglass

Friday, 5 February 2010

"Guess Steph feels safe in a church!"

Hmmm. The Big Green Debate was held in the Methodist Church. I chaired it, and she took a little flak from disgruntled audience members, which I then shut up because it was unfair. When the cancelled Hebden Bridge debate was first mooted, word got back to me that she didn’t want me to chair it because "I didn’t control the crowd". Yeah, right. If that was the worst flak she’d take in an election campaign, she’d be flying high.

I’m glad she’s coming to Hope. I’d love to see some quality discussion of the issues. I’m not holding my breath.

From Jason Elliott

Friday, 5 February 2010

Following on from Tony Buglass’s comments regarding order.

Considering that the chairman instructed the audience at Lightcliffe that, should they wish to intervene, they should put up their hands and wait for his invitation, how come that the only person to ignore this and just start shouting out was Matt Baker, Steph Booth’s campaign manager?

Surely she should be looking to her own camp if she’s after a bit of decorum?

From John Greenwood

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Will she also be putting an appearance in at Tod High Scool on March 11th? After all, she should feel comfortable there amongst ‘fellow’ teachers!

See also

HebWeb news: General Election Meeting report