Ryburne

Small ads

The Gemma Factor

From N Yorke

Friday, 30 April 2010

Totaly missed this. Did anyone see it, was it any good?

I hope I’ll be able to find it on iPlayer.

From Anne H

Friday, 30 April 2010

I think it was only ever on digital and I heard somewhere they decided not to film a second series (so not that good!). I watched a couple of episodes and found it very funny - sometimes in places where it wasn’t supposed to be funny! It wasn’t my cup of tea, but as it was filmed entirely in and around Hebden and Heptonstall it was entertaining if only to spot familiar places - and the scenery was lovely - did us proud in that sense.

From Emma Crute

Friday, 30 April 2010

I found it slightly mental yet sweet and not that funny apart from the odd really good line from the very camp male character. It did grow on me however.

I watched it all though as it was great spotting places and the scenery (as you would expect) was amazing! I enjoyed the total randomness of Gemma walking down the street in what was obviously Hebden then turning round a corner and it being Heptonstall ect.

It was on slightly too late on BBC3 to get many viewers - I only knew about it from reading either in Halifax Courier or HB Times.

From N Yorke

Friday, 30 April 2010

Nope, doesn’t seem to be there on iPlayer. Shame. I guess we’ll never know.

From Alli Cawte

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Have just found it on Youtube

From Andrew H

Wednesday, 5 May 2010

I watched the whole series and truly thankful that there will not be a second series.

Yes the scenery was great and the filming did Hebden and Heptonstall proud but that was the highlight. After all, if you look out of your window or go for a walk you can easily enjoy the same scenery.

From Andy M

Saturday, 8 May 2010

I thought it was dire I’m afraid, as did my teenage kids. The novelty of saying “look there’s my house” wore off after about two minutes.

Not worth the disruption and rude stares of the security men!