Ryburne

Small ads

Hebden Bridge Eateries

From Kevin S

Sunday, 19 September 2010

Not wanting to name and shame any restaurant / pub /cafe or takeaway.
But I am finding Hebden Bridge eateries totally unacceptable due to low standards of quality and service and high prices.

Where do local people eat or get a sandwich to takeaway at lunchtime.
I feel as if a lot of establishments just cater for tourists and are not particularly bothered for returning local custom.

From Gwen Goddard

Try Mooches.
Always full of local people, or nearly so.

From Graham Barker

Railway station cafe, even if you're not traveling. Well worth the walk.

From Rob Blake

I've been eating in Hebden every lunchtime for years and I can vouch for the sandwiches from Pennine Provisions - just get there before 1.00pm or else all the bread will be sold out (good sign!).

I always get a sandwich from Pennine Wine and Cheese on Fridays as a treat - quite pricey but really good fillings.

I'm also a big fan of the Cheese and Onion Pie with chips from FAB's - the real centre of Hebden if you ask me.

and yes, who can resist a Mooch breakfast?

I've also had nice food and coffee in Squeeze, to be fair...

From Elizabeth O

Another vote here for the Coffee Station (Station Cafe)

Great food and drink, tremendous service and lots of laughs.

Lisa and Antoinette and their colleagues brighten my day every day.

And they're open Saturdays, too.

From Emma Romanowicz

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

I'd agree with the station cafe - miss the coffee & paper I used to get when I caught trains to work. Also Fabs - great great great pies!

From Joel B

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Mooches full of local people? Funny cause no one I know goes in there! I've lived in Hebden (all my life) for 32 years and don't really fancy paying tourist prices for a brew/brekkie !!

Country Stores is the best for butties.

Maybe a Macdonalds/KFC on the old Brown site could be the answer? I'd certainly nip on there now and again! Wouldn't want to take any trade away from PK Butty van though parked next door. Their Bacon Cheeseburgers are fantastic, and there are always locals eating there !!

From Martha Howard

Monday, 27 September 2010

Have any of you tried Squeeze Cafe? Great coffee and best bacon and egg butties on thick sliced bread. Now that's where all the locals go as it is out of the way.