Excelsior Furniture

Small ads

Community Funds available from Hebden Royd

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Hebden Royd Town Council has funds available for community groups. As in the past, community groups from Hebden Royd (roughly most of Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd and Cragg Vale) can apply for funds from the community funding committee.

The main criteria are that the group's activities must benefit the people of Hebden Royd,. It must also be able to show accounts and be properly constituted. This year the committee is prioritising activities for children, older people and other hard to reach groups.

Janet Oosthuysen, chair of the committee says " Over the years the council and this committee have helped many different community groups in the area. We analyse each application and want to help as many groups as possible, especially in these straightened times. This year, to even up our allocation of funds, and to give help where it is most needed, we are especially wanting applications from groups dealing with young people or hard to reach categories."

To apply, please contact Jason Boom, clerk to the council for further details, applications forms and details for dates.

Hebden Royd Town Council 01422 842181 or call into the Council Offices, St Georges Street, Hebden Bridge. Forms and criteria are also available to down load from the Council website

We try to make sure that information on the Hebden Bridge Web is correct, but if you are aware of any errors or omissions, please email us.

If you have comments on HebWeb News or Features please make a contribution to our Discussion Forum

More News