Ryburne

Small ads

Sandy Gate / Birchcliffe Road Temporary Closure

From Cllr Nigel Yorke

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Notice has just gone up on Birchcliffe Road of a temporary closure. It looks like it will impact the length of road from the Sandy Gate junction down to Eiffel Street. This will obviously cause those on Birchcliffe, Dodnaze, Old Town and the tops to be highly inconvenienced to say the least. The notice says it'll be in place for about 4 weeks. It's unlikely we can prevent the work being undertaken (although no details are offered on what is being done) but we'll ensure Calderdale are under pressure to complete the work as fast as they possibly can.

Details of the notice are here

From Em W

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Hmm, this looks very bad. I run a business at the Birchcliffe Centre, does this road closure mean I won't be able to load/unload/have deliveries or have any customers visit in vehicles for a whole month?

From Cllr Nigel Yorke

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Quick update - with the help of Cllr Dave Young we have been able to gain assurances from Calderdale Council and the contractors undertaking the work that everything will be done to minimise disruption.

The works are to replace the gas main between Eiffel Street and Sandy Gate with the actual closure point being at the junction of Sandy Gate and Birchcliffe Road. While they will be working along the length of the road the contractors will ensure that residents and the businesses at the Birchcliffe Centre will be able to access their premises.

I would also like to say Calderdale acted very promptly when concerns were raised and have confirmed they will be monitoring the contractors to ensure they complete the works as planned.

So the work can't be stopped, but hopefully there will be the least possible disruption. Let's see.