Ryburne

Small ads

Jumble sales

From Luby Brown

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Where have all the humble jumble sales gone to?
When I moved to H.B three years ago I thought the town would be thriving with churches & community centers etc giving it a go.

From Andy M

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Perhaps people are giving what they don't need to the numerous charity shops and/or via on-line facilities such as Freecycle?

From Sharon Gibson

Wednesday, 19 October

I know what you mean - they don't seem to be very fashionable any more - maybe people just take stuff to charity these days.

Fear not though - we are holding an Amnesty Coffee Morning 11th November (11.11.11) 9.30 -11.30.There will be tea n cake, raffle, duplo for kids etc and we're having stalls of books and general jumble .

Please come. Holme St Centre (next to the Post Office).

Any donations of jumble, cake or hard cash on the day gratefully received.

From Lizzie Watkins

Thursday, 20 October 2011

Dearly missed are the regular weekly 'jumbles' in the Old Fire Sation in which Calderdale Council allowed any charity group to have free use of the space on Thursdays to hold such sales.

Since the redevelopment of the building these events have obviously not beeen possible, although Calderdale have made available a free market stall on the general market for fund raising good causes. Sadly this offer has not been taken up by most of the former users of the Old Fire Station largely, I suspect, because of it being such a limited space. I sincerley hope that following the redevelopment of the Town Hall this regular & much loved Hebden Bridge institution will be reinstated in its original home.