Ryburne

Small ads

Upper Valley Police provision

From Ian M

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Can any one put any facts to the rumour that the Police station in Hebden has been sold and its closure its imminent along with the proposal to close Todmorden station and move all the officers to Halifax?
Twenty five minute head start anyone!

From Henry C

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

I believe that the Police Station building was given to the town in some type of trust - the conditions attached to that, meant that it couldn't just be sold off!

I don't know about the source of the rumours, but if you go to the Ward Forum tomorrow Thurs 8th March at Central St. School - 6.30 - you may get some answers.

From Inspector Dave Browning

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

I am the Neighbourhood Police Inspector covering both Hebden Bridge and Todmorden.

As with many rumours, this is without foundation. There is a review of 'estates' around West Yorkshire, but Hebden Bridge Police Station has not been sold and, so far as I am aware, there are no plans to close Todmorden and move the Officers to Halifax.

I do not routinely monitor this site, but had the 'post' drawn to my attention by a local Councillor.

Whilst I have your attention, let me tell you that in Calderdale we have had 1173 fewer victims of crime this financial year, compared to last year. We live and work in one of the safest places in West Yorkshire.

Dave Browning