Ryburne

Small ads

New Friends

From Mark Marsha

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Hi. Is anyone willing to welcome a stranger? I'm going through a really bad time at the mo, painful divorce, ex-wife stopping me seeing my darling boys, lost my job, no money, etc. I won't bore you with the rest. It would just be really nice to spend an evening with some friendly people to take my mind off things.Thanks for listening.

From Rev Tony Buglass

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Hi, Mark. Welcome to HB! So sorry you're having such a hard time - I'm sure you'll find some friendly faces around. I have to disappear for a few days, but if you're desperate email me, and we'll try to have a pint or two together.

It's a friendly town, you'll find folk to be with, I'm sure. Blessings, Tony

From Jae Campbell

Monday, 28 May 2012

Hi Mark,

One of the great things about Hebden and Mytholmroyd etc. is the friendly, open people and the wide range of activities on offer. Have a look at the What's On in the local paper and join in with one of the activities that interests you, or volunteer to help out with a community group if there is something you'd be interested in. If you aren't sure, why not give the Volunteer Bureau a call on 01422-348777

You've had a bit of a rough time but one of the easiest way to make friends is to share experiences and interests together.

Good luck

From Gerry F

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Hi Mark,

Don't know if you like a drink or not but why not head for the Fox and Goose in Heptonstall Road. This is a really welcoming traditional real ale pub, full of friendly people, couples and singles alike, from all walks of life.
Everyone chats to strangers - and you wouldn't be alone for long - or if you want to, you can just read a book, as many people do and no-one will hassle you till you feel ready.

It is particularly interesting at the moment because there are moves afoot to buy the pub and run it as a Co-operative so there's lots going on around that.

There will be some free bands on at the weekend, which is always a good ice-breaker, so why not pop in.