Ryburne

Small ads

Swimming pool update?

From Dave H

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Over four years ago, I posted a thread concerned by the lack of any movement on the proposed Hebden Royd swimming pool, and the way the charity set up was being administered. At the time, there was c.£885,000 sat in an account that was earmarked for the project. Perhaps we are due an update as to where the project is, where the funds are currently, why their submissions to the Charity Association are so late, and what action is being taken by whom to move this forward to a conclusion? I may well have missed some information (e.g. from town council meeting minutes), but this Charity Commission page only served to confuse me further.

I'm sure one of the trustees can give us a comprehensive response that will answer these simple questions, and set our minds at rest.

From Myra James

Monday, 10 December 2012

Very well put question Dave - I've often wondered the same. By way of further annoyance, when the architects who designed the proposed supermarket and hotel for the Mytholm Works site were asked if the hotel might include a swimming pool the answer was that they have a conflict of interest because they designed the pool for Mytholmroyd Community Centre so cannot include a pool in their design for Mytholm. Bizarre.

From Andy M

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

There must, however, be a limit on the number of potential pools the Upper Calder Valley can sustain!I would have thought that one in Tod and one in Mytholmroyd would be adequate?

Previously, on the HebWeb

HebWeb Forum: Swimming Pool Plans/Mytholmroyd Community Centre (Jan 2011)

HebWeb Forum: Swimming pool plans (Sept-Dec 2010)

HebWeb News: Swimming Pool plans - comments sought (Sept 2010)

More coverage of the swimming pool issue on the HebWeb

From Myra James

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Quite right - I wasn't suggesting we should have three. I don't support the proposals for Mytholm Works (see other thread) but I find this additional twist in the mad saga that is the Hebden Royd swimming pool project yet another curiosity.