Ryburne

Small ads

Lee Wood Road

From Norman Hurst

Sunday, 9 June 2013

Can anyone update me as to when the repairs to Lee Wood Road will be finished?

It is bad enough to have to drive through Heptonstall several times a week but it must be hell for the people who live there with all the additional traffic.

In addition there is the environmental impact of at least a 20 mile detour from the turning circle for heavy lorries trying to reach Slack.

Norman Hurst

From Paul Rigg

Monday, 10 June 2013

I don't know when it will be finished but I can tell you that on Friday evening I walked down to the Blue Pig and they appear to have completed repairs to the wall that collapsed though they would still need to resurface the road there. They have however marked out a similar length of wall above the collapse and I suspect they are going to start working on that now.

Residents of Heptonstall have I think been circulated and there is , I understand, a scheme afoot to put in a set of traffic lights in the wood to "slow the traffic down" .

Considering they claim they have such a shortage of funds (and that it is not known as an accident "black spot") the installation of such a set of traffic lights appears to me to be a pointless waste of money and it will of course lengthen the repairs.

In the meantime the residents of the village have to put up with all the extra traffic and the consequent delays. I was on the E bus going down the other day and it met a tractor and trailer coming through causing a lot of delays.

Maybe a set of temporary lights between the Post office and the White Lion would help things through the narrowest bit of Towngate.

From John Dunford

Monday, 10 June 2013

The date for completion is 22nd December 2013. As far as I am aware there are no plans for lights on Lee Wood Road. Lights between the Post Office and the White Lion would have to be three way to allow for traffic on Northgate which would simply push the problems further up or further down Towngate. The Parish Council (of which I am chair for 2013-14) are keeping a watching brief on the situation as are our Ward Councillors.

From Michael Crowley

Sunday, 16 June 2013

I live on Church St and we have noticed an increase in vehicles using the street (which is little more than a track that houses front on to) to avoid the bottleneck of the village. It often the wider vehicles as well; vans, Land Rovers. This is particularly the case between 4.30 and 6.30 pm, mostly coming down the hill. It's dangerous.

If the parish council know that the date of completion is 22nd December why haven't they informed the village as a whole? Or why haven't Calderdale or Amey made a statement? Odd that we find this out on a discussion forum on a website.

The second most annoying aspect of the Lee Wood Road farrago has been poor information and lack of political and professional accountability. Right from the fictional seven days a week work schedule onwards. The contractor or the Highways Dept were responsible for causing the collapse in the first place and it has caused traffic pollution havoc.

From Paul Rigg

Thursday, 29 August 2013

The road has been re-opened. There is a set of temporary lights between the top of Hollins and the end of the road to Hebden Hey scout centre. A wide pavement has been installed at this point and I suspect traffic lights there will be permanent after an electricity supply has been installed.

I am sure that the residents of Heptonstall will be somewhat relieved.

From Andrew Ward

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

As Lee Wood Road has now reopened could anyone confirm that HGVs can now use it or has it got a weight limit on it? I drive a fuel tanker and supply residents in the Coldon/Blackshaw area and since the road collapsed I have had to use the diversion which has added 25 to 30 miles to my journey.My tanker has a gross weight of 23.5tons and would be grateful if I knew I had legal access before my next visit later this month. Many thanks.

From John Dunford

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

There is a weight limit on it of 18T. This is clearly stated on all the diversion signs.