Ryburne

Small ads

Making and Doing

From Paul Clarke

Sunday, 6 October 2013

The town is on a bit of a roll for top drawer events as the Making and Doing festival was superb.

We only intended spending 10 minutes but spent the whole day making stuff.

The market in the Town Hall was fantastic...the key was lots of interactive stuff for the kids. We made some bunting for Le Tour, a cat badge for 50p and roasted some marshmallows.

Then it was off to Northlight Studios where the lovely folk there helped us do some printing..I was even persuaded to make some bunting...sadly my effort was hideous, but who cares as it will be so high up no-one will see it.

We ended the day at Word of Mouth where once again we were made so welcome with a brew. The monster turned out to be replica of me which regular Hebweb readers which might think is appropriate!

Well done Rebecca and the team at Pennine Prospects for staging such a great event and to all the people who took part who were so helpful.

From Rebecca Yorke

Monday, 7 October 2013

Really glad you enjoyed the day. It was an aim of the Festival to get people to slow down and spend time Making and Doing, so I'm delighted that you did just that.

The Festival comprised over 50 individual events across the South Pennines and the Meet the Maker Market at the Town Hall would not have happened without the hard work and energy of the Made in the Valley collective. I'm sure everyone who attended will agree that they did us proud.