Ryburne

Small ads

Myanmar or Mytholmroyd?

From Paul Clarke

Sunday, 20 October 2013

I can only assume that despite his well known expertise in foreign affairs Craig Whittaker has somehow confused Myanmar with Mytholmroyd.

I'm also assuming that despite the current crisis in living standards affecting local voters he has asked this pertinent and important question due to lobbying from the Burmese community in his constituency.

But if he really wants to do his job he could bring to life the PM's brilliant advise that I wear a jumper to keep warm rather than tacking the rip off fuel companies. Perhaps he could pop round and show me which of my jumpers is best suited to stop me freezing?

Or maybe I should just move to Myanmar.

From Kez Armitage

Sunday, 20 October 2013

I assume Paul Clarke has investigated the context of Craig Whittaker's question.

Perhaps Mr Whitaker is asking the question because he feels that "supporting Myanmar's forthcoming census" is actually a waste of UK taxpayers' money and that he feels that international aid could be more usefully focussed elsewhere. Perhaps he actually feels that the money used for the support of Myanmar's census could be better spent at home. Mytholmroyd maybe?

I don't know. I've had a look in Hansard, and can find no reference.

Paul Clarke obviously knows the context. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

From HebWeb home page news: On 17th October, Craig Whittaker, our MP, asked the Secretary of State for International Development what policy objectives her Department aims to achieve by supporting Myanmar's forthcoming census. Hansard report