Ryburne

Small ads

Business Networkers in HB

From Nicola Jones

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Whilst I love our discussion forum and check in regularly for the latest news regarding our community, I'm not aware of a local business group online or offline? We're a technologically embracing community so it surprises me and I came across this article today and am loving the idea of this concept working in Hebden. We've certainly got the venues to make it work! I'm considering setting up a Linked In Group that might get this off the ground?

From Nick Shields

Thursday, 30 January 2014

There is a small but growing group of people from Hebden Bridge who believe that there would be benefits for local businesses in the establishment of a Business Forum, to represent business interests and to encourage joint marketing initiatives.

The previous HB Business Association has unfortunately recently become inactive. There is a proposal to discuss the creation of a new Hebden Bridge Business Forum, which would be open to all locally based businesses (and not restricted only to retail businesses).

Under the auspices of the 'town team' The Hebden Bridge Partnership have called an initial meeting for Thursday 13th March, in Hebden Bridge Town Hall. It will start at 6pm and conclude no later than 7pm.

The aim of this launch meeting is to ask businesses what positive changes they feel would improve our local business economy.

Come and have your say

From Jason Elliott

Friday, 31 January 2014

There is a Calder Valley Small Businesses group on Facebook which can have interesting stuff on it.

From Nicola Jones

Saturday, 8 February 2014

Okay thanks guys for the info, though as ever, a meeting at that time in the week, for those of us who don't work in the Centre of the village is not ideal to be able to attend. I don't get home most nights till 7pm, so unlikely to be able to make it. Unfortunately, this is one of the key reasons I had to bow out of some of my community participation generally. One of the reasons I'm surprised that those of us sat browsing smartphones/laptops on our commute could make use of an online community I feel. I will try and tune into the Facebook page Jason and if I can wangle an early dart, be at the meeting on the 13th March.