Ryburne

Small ads

HebWeb

From Dermot Flatterly

Monday, 10 March 2014

Would just like to say what an incredible site this is. I moved to Hebden a couple of months ago from Southern Ireland and am amazed at the rich diversity of this wonderful community and this spectacular website. I am currently looking for work and people have been so kind, helpful and inspirational. I also play the Irish fiddle if any one out there would be interested in bashing out a few reels. Thanks for reading!

From Allen Keep

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

It is a great website for which we should be very grateful. Can't help you with the work Dermot but there's a fair bit of Irish music around these parts and further afield. The White lion in Heptonstall has a tune on Tuesday nights - a session that has run for years. Not been able to get there on a Tuesday myself for many moons - but I can guarantee a friendly crowd and a warm welcome for a man with a fiddle.

From Siobhan O'Donnell

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

I am new to the area too. How do you feel about starting up an Irish Society? May be The Trades or The Fox and Goose would let us use their facilities? I am a trained irish dancer and can also play a few fair tunes on the fiddle! Thanks!