Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Streetlights on Calder Park

From Sam Fisher

Monday, 10 November 2014

I walk my dog every evening at Calder Park. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that four or five of the streetlights are out and have not been replaced. Any of the councillors available for comment on when these might be fixed?

From Cllr Dave Young

Monday, 10 November 2014

Hi Sam,
I have reported the Street Lights out in Calder Holmes Park and they will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Cheers
Cllr Dave Young
Labour Councillor
Calder Ward

From Cllr Dave Young

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Hi Sam,
The Street Lights in Calder Homes Park have been fixed this morning.

Cheers
Cllr Dave Young
Labour Councillor
Calder Ward

From Sam Fisher

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Thank you for sorting this out so quickly

From Sam Fisher

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Having walked around the park again last night there are still three streetlights that have not been fixed. Could you please contact the council to come and have another look as they seem to have missed them.

Many thanks

From Tim B

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Well they were working last night, but tonight many of them were out again. I wonder if some 'juvenile' behaviour is happening. In the old health centre car park it was found that if you shake the lamps hard enough it blows the bulbs.

From David Thompson

Friday, 14 November 2014

Sounds like excellent advice to those inclined to juvenile behaviour, Tim.

From Cllr Dave Young

Friday, 14 November 2014

Hi Sam,
I have reported them again to Calderdale Council and hopefully they will be fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers
Cllr Dave Young
Labour Councillor
Calder Ward

From Tim B

Friday, 14 November 2014

Hmmm you may be right David, but surely people inclined to juvenile behaviour don't read HebWeb?

From Andrew B

Friday, 14 November 2014

Calderdale have the option to do lots of things online, in future you can report street light faults here.

From Sam Fisher

Friday, 28 November 2014

There are now five streetlights not working on the park. I have tried to log this through the calderdale website but the council don't seem to think there are any lights on the park according to the selection map...

Councillor, can you please try to get this sorted. I understand that there may be a problem with kids breaking the lights as mentioned by another comment on the feed, but if that's the case then surely the lights need to be changed to something more suitable rather than leaving the park in darkness.

From Cllr Dave Young

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Hi Sam,
I have reported that the Lights are out again in Calder Holmes Park. They are managed by the Communities Directorate of Calderdale Council and hopefully they will be fixed as soon as possible.
Cheers
Cllr Dave Young
Labour Councillor
Calder Ward

From Ian M

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Hi Cllr, any chance you could do something about the section of Keighley Rd that has been without street lights for a week now? Thanks in advance

From Cllr Dave Young

Monday, 1 December 2014

Hi Ian,
Please either email Calderdale Council direct at or email me - I know the contractors are unfortunately about 2 or 3 weeks behind with repairing Street Lights at present due to the putting up of the Christmas Lights across Calderdale.
cheers
Cllr Dave Young
Labour Councillor
Calder Ward.

From Tim B

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Well they were all working at 6.30 tonight. I've taken to carrying a big maglight recently, so I can see the dog.

From Sam Fisher

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Walking round at 6am this morning they are all now working. Thanks very much for sorting out.