Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Folk Roots Festival

From Andy G

Tuesday, 19 May 2015

I would just like to thank all the wonderful people who made the first Hebden Bridge Folk Roots Festival last weekend such an amazing success - my fellow organising committee members, the town hall management and staff, the Hope Baptist Chapel management and staff, the management and staff of all the pubs and other venues involved, the wonderful artists, stage crews and sound engineers, the volunteer festival staff who gave freely of their time and, in particular, the hundreds of music lovers who descended on the town from far and near to enjoy the event. (Sorry - I know this sounds like an emotional BAFTA award acceptance speech, but that's how we all feel!)

Feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive and any minor glitches will be closely examined if we decide to have another festival next year. The atmosphere in town over the weekend was electric (and sometimes acoustic too!) and on the Friday and Saturday afternoons and evenings there were few places in town where you could not hear music coming from one or more of the venues. There was a massive business spin-off for the town with pubs, shops, cafes and accommodation providers all benefitting from the folkie invasion. Even the pubs which were not festival venues benefitted - they were full of people who didn't want to hear folk music!

If you enjoyed the festival please tell us and let us know how it could be improved if we decide to do it again. If you didn't please also let us know why.

From Cllr Dave Young

Tuesday, 19 May 2015

I must agree with Andy that the Folk Routes Festival held at the Weekend was really great and had Hebden Bridge buzzing with loads of people from within & outside of Hebden enjoying themselves and bringing loads of Economic Regeneration to out little Town.

Congratulations to Dave Boardman and the rest of the Festival team for putting this event together. I understand from Cllr Karl Boggis at Crown Street Chippy they could not fry them quick enough and had a bumper weekend.

Our lovely Pubs The White Swan, Old Gate, Crown Inn, Fox & Goose and others were rocking all weekend and Hope Baptist hosted the Main Stage which was great.

Let's hope there is another Folk Routes Festival in 2016 in our lovely little Town.

From Bruce Cutts

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

It was a fantastic weekend. Here are some pictures from the weekend to have a look at - if you haven't already seen enough

HebWeb News: Folk Roots Act wins BBC Folk Award 13 May 2015