Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Jeremy Corbyn

From Jan Bridget

Monday, 31 August 2015

After the general election I joined Labour and have voted for Jeremy Corbyn in the leadership election (I even sent a small donation).

Having read Owen Jones article My honest thoughts on the Corbyn campaign — and overcoming formidable obstacles I wondered whether there was a local support group for Jeremy Corbyn in the Upper Valley? If not, are there others out there who would be interesting in setting up such a group?

From Dave Gee

Saturday, 5 September 2015

Corbyn supporters locally should just turn up to the HB branch Labour party meeting on Tuesday evening at the Trades Club. Lots of us there.You can also join the Labour Representation Committee, a national body with local supporters.

From Susan Press

Sunday, 6 September 2015

Our local Labour Party nominated Jeremy. We meet Tuesday 7 45 at the Trades Club. All welcome. Here's to victory on Saturday .

From Eleanor Land

Monday, 7 September 2015

I am supporting Jeremy Corbyn because we need a change of direction. One of his main attributes is that he is willing to address the needs and aspirations of the younger generation, who have had a very raw deal from politicians of late.

From Allen Keep

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

I managed to catch most of Jeremy Corbyn's speech today while waiting for a meeting to start. He's clearly not a great orator but who cares - I was still punching the air and whooping with delight. Go Jez! Referring to strikers in the gallery and congratulating them, taking Tory values head on, actually mentioning the movement, praising the strengths and qualities and potential of ordinary people to change society for the better.

I've never heard the like from a Labour leader and remember instead countless turgid, meaningless, classless leader's speeches at the TUC.

Congratulations Jeremy and to those who fought for him to win. The immediate future is going to be very interesting indeed and Corbyn's victory is a much needed boost to us all. It's also been quite funny - I gather he's put a vegan in (shadow) charge of farming as well as an MP who listed the overthrow of capitalism as a favourite pursuit as shadow chancellor. The audacity!

Really looking forward to the up-coming demonstration at the Tory party conference in Manchester on 4th October.

From Graham Barker

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Very few farmers will think it remotely funny that JC has put a vegan in charge of farming policy. If he wants government to get closer to the people that's one (and perhaps not just one) strikingly dumb appointment. Anybody remember Christine Gwyther?

I can't recall any election of a Labour leader having both left and Tories thinking all their birthdays have come at once. They can't both be right so it is indeed the start of interesting times.

All I hope is that Labour MPs who aren't happy with the direction of travel say so quickly and loudly. To my mind, what damaged Labour more than anything after May was the speed at which Labour MPs who had publicly backed Ed Miliband came out and said they always knew he was rubbish. If it genuinely is new broom time, let's have no more of that.

From Dave Gee

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Take it Graham is not volunteering to join or set up any group supporting Jeremy Corbyn?

An ethical farming policy that provides for a decent income for small farmers by controlling the powers of the super markets, reforming EU subsidies so that already rich large farms are not further rewarded and the well off are not paid to do nothing with land they own (whilst the poor are made worse off, even if they have no hope of a job, or land), that animal welfare is improved we have good regulation of the food and drinks industry are all to be welcomed and am sure our new Leader of the Opposition and Shadow Secretary for Farming will be campaigning for this as hard as they can.