Ryburne

Share this page

EditRegion10

Small ads

Calder River Clean Up

From Claire M

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Hi there, I'd like to help out with this but im wondering if we can organise for the river embankment to be cleaned for along the valley too, not just in Hebden Bridge.

If that's not the plan already, I'm near Shaw Wood Avenue and last year managed to get into the river to clean it up but I could do with some help to do again now when water levels drop a bit

From Anthony Rae

Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Claire M - Thanks for the offer. Please contact Calder Future's volunteers coordinator Gavin Roberts 0777 231 8566 and he will arrange something with you. There are events already planned along the length of the Calder in March as part of the Big Calder Spring Cleanup, and for volunteering activity beyond March look at the Green Calderdale calendar.

From Anthony Rae

Thursday, 10 March 2016

A big thank you to Philip Singh and his Countryside Service volunteers, and Daniel Jagucki and his Environment Agency colleagues, for doing three cleanup days along the River Calder between Hebden and Mytholmroyd on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week. A great deal of rubbish and plastic was removed, and quite a lot of the low overhanging branches which trap all that stuff have been pruned.

There'll be a further opportunity to clean up the environment around Hebden Royd during the town council's Spring Clean on the weekend of 19-20th March, which is also part of the month-long Big Calder Spring Cleanup. To find out how to join in all these events go to the Green Calderdale calendar.

See also

HebWeb News: Big Calder Spring Cleanup