Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

20 mph

From David Tut

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Has the recent 20 mph restrictions on Hebden Bridge roads come into force yet? If it has then I think you can say that i'ts not working or even been enforced.

From Tim M

Thursday, 16 June 2016

I believe it has. I've certainly been following it.

From Emily Green

Thursday, 16 June 2016

It is my understanding the police do not enforce 20mph a fact a number people are not being made aware of.

From David Tut

Friday, 17 June 2016

Well Emily if the police don't enforce the 20 mph why have I been pulled up by a police radar gun on my way to Halifax?

From Ian M

Friday, 17 June 2016

Having followed a police vehicle in a line of traffic doing a steady 30mph through Hebden this morning, I think it's safe to say this ridiculous waste of money isn't and never will be enforced!

From Tim B

Friday, 17 June 2016

Even if the 20mph zone is not enforced, it sends the message that high speeds are not appropriate in areas where there are likely to be many pedestrians (and other vulnerable road users). If someone is injured by a vehicle travelling over 30 mph in a 20 zone the vehicle driver is more likely to be charged with dangerous driving rather than driving without due care and attention (which carries lower penalties).

From Samuel Booth

Wednesday, 20 July 2016

It winds me up when 20mph zones are signed but not enforced. It trains people to ignore speed limit signs in general.