Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Noise

From Sara G

Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Very loud music and a mindless DJ on Saturday afternoon marred
the area around the river walk, bowling green, archery field, etc.

Walkers told me it is coming from the Heptonstall Cricket club. Is this correct? If so, please reduce the volume by at least 50%. It it audible for at least 2 miles!

From Andy M

Thursday, 29 September 2016

What you heard was probably the tannoy from Woofstock up in the park/Bowling Club at Heptonstall? Lots of people enjoying themselves up there on the day.

From DB Cooper

Thursday, 29 September 2016

Maybe the DJ should enrol in a mindfulness class.

From Phil M

Friday, 30 September 2016

We walked from Old Town, down Pecket Clough, round and along the river on Saturday. Could hear the Woofstock PA quite clearly, did nothing but make me smile... Not mindless at all, just a local event for dogs and their owners with both 4 and 2 legged fun being had…

Community effort like this should be applauded not condemned in my book!

From Sara G

Tuesday, 4 October 2016

One problem is that many people who go for a quiet walk in the woods don't want to hear Radio 1 style noise. We all know there are people in this area who have loud drug and alcohol parties- we don't want to set a precedent.

For the locals and children present at these events, noise over 90dbs for 15 minutes can produce hearing damage, whether the DJ is mindless or Plato.

From Paul D

Thursday, 6 October 2016

I heard Heptonstall church bells on my way home from work last Tuesday evening. And wondered if there was a number I could phone to complain to? They sounded like loud bells being rung incessantly in some sort of pattern. Almost like they knew what they were doing, but across the valley it was just rising and falling on a beautiful autumnal evening - I missed some peals entirely - but I'm still annoyed.

Same this week. A tractor, obviously driven by some nut case, was out mowing just because it had been dry for a few days. It was dark and he/she turned the headlights on, exacerbating the insult really. I didn't sleep until after 9:00pm.

Last week it was ewes, I think locally that's what they call them. But I think female sheep are OK and not noisy but these 'ewes' bleat outside my cottage window all summer, it's awful. They have lambs as well. It's disgusting.

Then there is noise in the built up areas. Hollins for example. A hamlet of very significant historical significance should not allow its residents to play The Archers radio programme at excessive volume, or at least so I can hear it as I wander past.

Finally, music outside. This has to stop. I was walking in Horsehold and he sound of the church bells, the tractors mowing, the ewes??? bleating and local residents' radios on a pleasing Radio 4 was drowned out by some hippy festival funded by the Arts Council.

I'm not intolerant, but the noise…