Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Alzheimer's Family Carers' Group Meeting Place

From Liz Hughes

Saturday, 5 August 2017

Family members who care for people with Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia in Hebden Bridge desperately need a room or place to hold weekly meetings to discuss care and to support each other.

This is not an official organisation, it's just a number of people who need to communicate on a fairly regular basis, so there is no funding available to pay for room hire, so it needs to be free of charge. They need a space big enough to hold up to a dozen people, no other facilities are required (although the ability to make a cuppa would be very much appreciated).

Any suggestions for venues would be very welcome.  Please contact me by email and I will pass the details on to the relevant parties.

Many thanks in anticipation.

From F Minto

Wednesday, 6 September 2017

The Disability Access is looking at access and cost of venues in the Valley. You may be able to meet at Hebden Bridge Group Practice for free, as it is health related.  Otherwise the Old Gate have a room upstairs which I think can be used if users buy their drinks there.  Churches seem to have the best access and will consider the fee in relation to the activity.  Hope you find somewhere that suits you.