Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Long Term Parking in Central Hebden Bridge

From Tabatha Braxton

Monday, 4 February 2019

I am in the process of viewing properties in Hebden Bridge and have fallen for an apartment in the CanalWorks development, when viewing, I parked in the Co-op as I was only going to be quick...

However, due to the location, no parking is available sadly. 

I work from home and don't use the car everyday.....however use it a few times a week for shopping/visiting friends etc.

Living so centrally, where or how would I find somewhere long term to park ? Is there somewhere to rent a space long term or any recommendations would be much appreciated!

From Michael Wray

Monday, 4 February 2019

Simple. Get rid of your vehicle and join Hour Car. It's based at Salem Mill less than two minutes away. It's cheap, you don't have to worry about repairs, tax or parking!

From Arla R

Monday, 4 February 2019

Hebden Bridge has good public transport, so maybe just give up the car if you don't use it often?  Trains which go through to  Manchester and Leeds, buses for local routes ... I manage just fine without a car.  Supermarkets do deliveries and shopping online is much easier than going to the supermarket. And you can get delivered to your door pretty much anything you need that you might otherwise drive to a larger town for eg. I get 30 litre bags of wood cat litter, I've bought compost for plants, grit for icy paths and outdoor steps ... it's much easier to get things delivered than to go to the shops and carry them in.

And all the small things you need in between bigger shops can be bought from local businesses, supporting the local economy, and within walking distance or a short bus ride if you don't walk much.

There is a car share scheme based at Luddenden for those occasional journeys where having a car would be necessary or a lot easier.

From Andy G

Monday, 4 February 2019

While I fully concur with Arla and Michael's comments about local public transport connections, I believe that residents of the Canal Works development have reserved parking spaces at the town centre end of Stubbing Holme Road car park.

From Chris Reason

Tuesday, 5 February 2019

I was the very first person to move into Canal Works and I gave up my car the day I did. And I don't regret it for a second.  Yes, there are some parking spaces allocated for residents in the car park at Bridge Lanes, but they've caused other residents any amount of hassle.  You're two minutes away from Hour Car, two minutes away from a bus, two minutes away from the Co-op and nine minutes away from the station. Why would you even want a car?

See also

HebWeb Forum: Parking charges (June 2017)

HebWeb Forum: Parking (October-November 2016)

Parking continued Feb-March 2015

HebWeb Forum: Plans for large car park near station (Dec 2014)

HebWeb Forum: Parking (October 2013)

HebWeb Forum: Parking at Walkleys (Aug-Sept 2013)

HebWeb Forum: Parking Charges (Dec-Jan)

HebWeb Forum: Limited Parking Affecting Business (Nov 2011)

HebWeb Forum: Garden street car parking (2007)