Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Stop the Coup

From Andy G

Tuesday, 3 September 2019

Every evening since last Friday a small, but growing, band of protesters have been gathering at the town centre traffic lights to draw attention to the rapid and painful extermination of democracy by our current 'government', inspired by the 'Stop the Coup' movement. We have received overwhelming support and encouragement from the majority of passing motorists and pedestrians.

This protest will take place every day between 5 and 6 pm until democracy has been fully restored. Please feel free to come and join us - especially if you are a young person whose future is being seriously compromised by the actions of those in power at the present time. Placards are available, but please feel free to bring your own.....especially if the are both witty and appropriate!

From Kate Sims

Saturday, 14 September 2019

I waited until 5.20pm on Friday 13th but no one seemed to be around t o demonstrate. If this is continuing, can we arrive at 5 if possible as more traffic goes through earlier in the evening? Hope to see everyone there.

From Andy G

Saturday, 21 September 2019

I've been away for much of the past week but, when I went down into town just after five yesterday, there was nobody else demonstrating and, as I didn't have a placard with me, I was about to go home when the indomitable Chris Drake turned up and started her own one woman demonstration on the opposite side of the road. Therefore, maybe it hasn't fizzled out after all.