Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Hebden Bridge Sunday market

From Sam W

Monday, 23 November 2020

I was cycling through Hebden Bridge yesterday and was shocked at the number of people attending the market, 95% did not have masks on and there was no clear system to walk around safely. I witnessed at least 6 people look at the market carnage and walk away. Does anyone have a contact for who runs the market? I do understand that people have to make a living but we owe it to all the community to keep everyone safe. Thank you.

From Josephine Sweeney

Monday, 23 November 2020

I totally agree with the previous post - I was extremely disappointed to see such a lack of respect for our current Covid situation in Calderdale - the numerous people were crowding into the small market area with very few masks in sight and little notice of 2m spacing.

I chose to walk away rather than support the market traders on this occasion. I live locally, but recognised none of the visitors on Sunday afternoon

From Jade H

Friday, 27 November 2020

I agree. I live here and am in the shielding group for Coronavirus. I haven't been able to go to the market or any of the shops for a very long time and I feel that there is no consideration for people like me whatsoever.

From Dave R

Thursday, 3 December 2020

With most of the pubs now advertising that they will offering take-away drink and food, including mulled wine, I would expect the Square to be like an overspill from a German Christmas market, spreading good cheer and covid along with free hugs. 

Sadly our town caters more and more for visitors  disregarding the health of our local elderly residents. Businesses need the money but it is too easy to bend the rules.