Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Hole in the Wall

From Jade H

Monday, 25 May 2015

I was wondering if there was any news on what is happening with the Hole in the Wall. I am not in Hebden Bridge at the moment (so things may have changed since I was last there in December) but I would really like to know if anyone knows anything?

From Andy G

Sunday, 31 May 2015

The current owner of the former Hole in the Wall pub, who I believe is a property developer from Bradford, was successful in obtaining change of use planning consent last year to convert the building into flats with retail or bar use on the ground floor.

Over the past couple of months work has been proceeding apace on the building, which is now known as "Hebble House". It has been stone cleaned and I believe that major roof repairs are now in progress.

What works have been carried out on the interior of the building is anyone's guess.

If anyone - including the owner - would like to give further details or corrections, I shall be happy to stand corrected, but I hope that this information will be of interest to you Jade.

From Mark B

Sunday, 11 October 2015

Is there any news on the future of the Hole In The Wall? I only ask because I've had various friends come to stay over the summer who were all very disappointed to see it closed.

We ended up in the Old Gate most of the time, which although I love to bits, isn't (in their not exact words) very dissimilar to what they have back home! (although to be honest, we were mostly walking in the hills, at least we've still got those!). Thankfully a couple of friends were lucky enough to come on Inkfolk weekends and had a great time.

It's seems that over the last year or two that other than the brilliant efforts of both Inkfolk and the ever lovely Nelson's the alternative aspects of this town have been on life support. In the grand scheme of things, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come?

From Phil M

Monday, 12 October 2015

Mark, please don't forget the ever wonderful Trades Club when looking at the alternative aspects of the town. As for the Hole in't Wall, I assume behind the cladding, it is being turned into posh accommodation and its days as a classic purpose built public house are over..

Previously

HebWeb Forum: Future of the Hole in the Wall (Jan - Nov 2014)