Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Sainsbury's

From Julie C

Friday, 10 July 2015

I'm dismayed to learn that the Developers are challenging the Inspectorate's decision. It is particularly worrying in the light of the news today of the Govt decision to allow automatic acceptance of plans to build on Brownfield sites, so much for Localism!

The decision is all based around Traffic movement for large vehicles - I still don't see how they can realistically argue that their plans are a reasonable solution to that site. Housing, with parking, would work and they would still be making money from the site, why are they so keen on the supermarket plan I wonder?

From Kez Armitage

Saturday, 11 July 2015

Why doesn't someone tell Sainsbury's that there's a site with planning permission at the former Mytholm Works? There's an opportunity for a far bigger store with car parking. There's easy access from the main road. What's not to like.

From Veronica Roberts

Sunday, 12 July 2015

To Kez , I thought the site at Mythom was already earmarked for a supermarket, but it seems to have gone of the boil. The site on the Valley Road will just become the same saga, back and forth to the planners. Of course the site at Mythom is the better option, we will have to wait and see what eventually develops, not anytime soon...

See also

HebWeb News: Sainsbury fight back with a judicial review