Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Crown Street Boots

From Gillian MH

Sunday, 12 June 2022

I have nothing but sympathy for the staff in Crown St Boots, but Boots' decision to shut the Valley Road branch has resulted in a situation that is unpleasant at best, and dangerous at worst. People are being left without their medication because the staff are overwhelmed - having had their workload doubled since the branches were merged.

The GP practice is going to have to allow prescriptions to be fulfilled earlier since it is routinely taking longer than 3 working days for the pharmacists to clear the orders. Added to which, medication is often not in stock.

The branch has also recently shut without notice due to staff shortages. The queue build up - as often as not maskless - and the door closed, makes it quite the covid hotspot. Relevant to those of us who still need to take the risk seriously.

Boots have clearly done this as a cost cutting exercise, but the GP practice is going to have to liaise with Crown St to come up with a more workable system to the one currently in place. 

From Ms. P. Finch

Tuesday, 14 June 2022

I have always thought the Boots chemists locally are very poor premises, being in low ceilinged buildings with very little ventilation. It must be hard for the workers who are all crammed in at the back in a small working space. I've avoided going in a Boots chemist because of this and have also sent a request for better ventilation.

It seems very ironic that somewhere dealing with health issues has so little regard for health & safety.

From Susan Quick

Friday, 1 July 2022

I'm on regular medication which I collect from the private pharmacy next to Mytholmroyd doctor's surgery. The staff are charming and very helpfull. Under lockdown there were benches to sit on in the ornamental garden. It's right next to the bus stop from Hebden; may I suggest that Hebden Bridge Boots' customers transfer to Mytholmroyd and/or I understand we can have our prescription delivered to us at home.

From Gillian MH

Monday, 11 July 2022

I, and a number of others, have now switched away from Crown St Boots to Todmorden Pharmacy. They offer a super fast turnaround and a free delivery service to Hebden. It solves all the problems regarding prescriptions, and has none of the COVID issues of Boots. It's a shame that Boots has seen fit to close one branch and run the remaining one into the ground - but Crown St was shut again last week due to staffing issues causing a queue right out onto the street when it reopened. It's not fair on the customers and not fair on the staff. Thankfully Tod Pharmacy seem to be filling the gap.

From Joan Hobday

Wednesday, 31 August 2022

A big shout out to all the staff at Boots Pharmacy in Hebden Bridge.  

They are under an enormous amount of pressure to get masses of prescriptions out as fast as possible and they go above and beyond to try and achieve this.  

Often they will make a special effort when they know there is a particular urgent need.  

They need bigger premises which would make their job a lot easier.

Since the other branch in Hebden closed, their workload has increased substantially, but they still do their level best to maintain courtesy to customers and help them in any way they can, offering both advice and suggestions.  

I've not come across such superb 'customer service' for a long time.

I think it is worth bearing in mind that they can't dispense a prescription if they haven't received it!  I've been in the queue a number of times when people have been downright rude to them and that just isn't on is it?

Well done anyway and thank you for all that you do. We appreciate everything and you are an asset to the town.

From Paul Clarke

Tuesday, 6 September 2022

Can I just echo the comments about the staff as there are now covering the work of two chemists in one totally unsuitable space. They are doing their best in what most be incredibly depressing circumstances due a a daft decision that is totally out of their control. I've learnt to leave plenty of time to get my prescriptions filled and for me waiting a few minutes isn't the end of the world.