Ads on HebWeb

Small ads

Parking in Hebden Bridge

From Nicola Evans-McClave

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Calderdale Council are planning to remove all parking along the Burnley Road from Hebden Bridge to Fallingroyd.

They wish to create an additional cycle track. As a cyclist myself, I much prefer to use the existing cycle route that is Route 66, and allow locals and visitors to Hebden Bridge, the facility to park.

I support the infirm who need to drive, families and shoppers who would otherwise struggle. I feel the removal of much needed parking will have a detrimental affect on the economy of our lovely town. A speed limit to 30 mph would be welcome. The deadline for contacting the Council is this coming Tuesday, 30th July and can be made by email to CIP@calderdale.gov.uk

From Veronica R

Thursday 25 July 2024

I have sent an email to the council expressing my concerns as I have never used it but know that parking in the town is limited and nothing has been put in place for this.

From Glenda Webster

Thursday 25 July 2024

I have sent a message to the council - 

I think the Council should address the problem of lack of available parking in Hebden Bridge before removing more! 

I, & I think others, whether or not they're favour of this proposal, would welcome the opportunity to discuss this at an open meeting.

From Kevin S

Friday 26 July 2024

It's not just Mayroyd that is to lose parking. They are planning to reduce parking on all the streets throughout the town. This really isn't a good move from Calderdale Council. So many residents and visitors use that stretch for parking. 

If they feel it's unsafe, put double yellows on the bend and leave the straight for parking. install meters that would definitely rack up the revenue in no time. 

I would like to know the data for accidents on there as I'm aware of none in the last 15 years, seeing as this is the reason given for the change.

No matter what our council thinks, people want to be visiting with their vehicles. They have children, prams, grandparents, dogs and bikes to bring along. 

Our local  public transport is not reliable enough. The majority of visitors using trains and buses are the ones that are arriving in Hebden at about 2pm on a weekend to pub crawl dressed in dinosaur outfits and mankinis…. lol. Well that's great for the pubs, but what about all the other events held in HB.

There needs to be an alternative before taking it away. 

Sent to Calderdale too. Thank you for the reminder.

Previously

HebWeb Forum: Parking (Aug-Nov 2023)