St Augustine's Centre makes urgent request
Saturday, 8 January 2022
St Augustine's Centre has put out an urgent request for clothing, coats, shoes / boots for children of all ages and adults.
Also any games or activities for children would be welcome.
St Augustine's Centre is an independent charity based in Halifax, continually evolving and welcoming all, regardless of faith, ethnicity or background. They offer specialist advice on immigration and asylum support, one to one support with welfare, housing, health and access to wider services, hot meals, English language classes, training, cultural, social and wellbeing activities, trips and volunteering opportunities.
Please either contact St Augustine's on Hanson Lane in Halifax to arrange to drop off there. They are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Or leave in Finn and Laura's porch at Warcock Barn, Long Causeway, Blackshaw Head HX7 7JB 01422 846863
The first car load is going from their house to St Augustine on Monday morning.
Finn and Laura say they don't need loads of stuff (sometimes they get so inundated and have nowhere to store things) so it's helpful if can be what's needed:
- Pens and note pads
- Some good quality educational toys / games (esp if it helps with English and can be understood by people who speak little if any English) but not jigsaws as we have loads!
- new socks and pants for all ages
- second hand belts for women and men
- good quality, clean, second hand clothes and shoes/ boots for men, women and children (smaller - medium sizes for men only)
- unused laptops that that can be refurbished.
They can be left with Laura or Finn in the porch of Warcock Barn, Long Causeway, Blackshaw Head HX7 7JB. Please be selective and don't bring loads - better to have fewer of the right, quality stuff than bags and bags